Re: sane-backend for Epson EcoTank ET-2711

On Sun 01 May 2022 at 00:25:13 +0200, Dieter Rohlfing wrote:

[...]

> But the command 'scanimage -L' gives the following output:
>
> >No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> >check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> >sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> >which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
>
> My guess is: none of the installed backends (Debian 10.12) handles the
> ET-2711. What can I do?

That more or less sums up the situation. Not only that but you have
a modern device (from about 2018) that does not support AirPrint; a
quite amazing decision on Epson's part. The outcome is that you
cannot use the backported sane-airscan, which almost certainly would
have worked.

Two suggestions:

1. Download the Epson (non-free) drivers. Theses are proably your best
   bet.

2. Use https://launchpad.net/~sane-project/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git. I
   do not know how installation of such packages plays with buster.

--
Brian.