Re: sane-backend for Epson EcoTank ET-2711

Am Sun, 1 May 2022 12:26:00 +0100
schrieb Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>:

>Download the Epson (non-free) drivers.

Done. The ET-2711 is now recognized in buster and bullseye as locally
connected scanner.

I can scan with simple-scan and 'scanimage -T' completes without any
error. But xsane terminates with 'Segmentation fault'.

As next step I tried scaning via network. One server has Debian 10.12,
the other Debian 11.3 (both with the Epson drivers).

A client with Debian 9.13 recognized the ET-2711 via 'scanimage -L',
but simple-scan, xsane and 'scanimage -T' terminate with an error.

A client with Debian 11.3 did not recognize the ET-2711 via 'scanimage
-L'.

As last test I connected an Epson CX-7400 USB-printer/scanner to the
server. The device was recognized via 'scanimage -L' by a Debian 9.13
and a Debian 11.3 client. Xsane, simple-scan and 'scanimage -T' worked
flawlessly. So I suppose, that my network related sane configuration is
correct.

So long story short: network scaning does not work with the Epson
drivers. :-(

Dieter