Re: AW: AW: AW: Here Newbie---Amateur in Linux...Problem: Debian LXDE cannot boot.. Is it destroyed?//Second try Hotmail bug Sorry

On Mon 25 Apr 2022 at 16:59:57 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> Hello Sophie,
> >

> > > ________________________________
> > >

> > > Good afternoon.
> > >
> > > Thank You.
> > >
> > > We do backup every evening.
> > >
> > > What version of Debian from Debian URL is the best do download and burn on
> > > CD?
> > >

> We still don't know what the actual computer you use is :(
>
> Unless it is a (very old) 32 bit only machine, I would recommend
>
> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/11.3.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-11.3.0-amd64-netinst.iso
>
> This is unofficial only because it contains non-free firmware. The firmware
> may be necessary for your machine to boot and work well: it will almost
> certainly be required if you are installing over a WiFi connection.

I am aware that this ISO has non-free packages for a wireless
connection and that any needed will be used and installed by
d-i. However, what about micorode packages, firmware-intel-sound,
bluez-firmwarem and dahdi-firmware? At which stage(s) of an
installation does d-i become aware of them?

--
Brian.