Re: Out of memory killer misconfigured?

On 15/04/2022 06:53, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
If you want to learn more about that, the Linux MM ("memory
management") people have set up a wiki for that:

   https://linux-mm.org/OOM_Killer

Enjoy:)

(and yes, on my box, more memory-hungry processes have a higher
/proc/<pid>/oom_score, so they seem to incur a higher risk of
being killed. The browser lies somewhat because it spawns quite
a few processes, but as a product of the propaganda industry,
lying is its second nature;-)

Yes I understand that from my point of view everything is bad and I am
not objective.
However, I see how things are broken and that is indeed obvious.
I seen before my own eyes how Linux killed KDE session including Xorg
but left 10x wine's exe processes with 8GB RAM each as a last. Entire
tree with parent process was using all of the memory that would be 50+
GB. How this process tree is not having HIGHEST POSSIBLE OOM score and
is not being killed in first microsecond of OOM situation is beyond my
understanding.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀