Re: Debian "Bookworm" Installation

Peter HB wrote:

>I've just attempted to Install "Bookworm" to a USB stick and it went
>mostly to plan, apart from the fact that it won't boot. However that's
>not the issue at hand: I can't find a way to persuade  the installer's
>partitioner to use GPT instead of the MS-DOS partitioning scheme.

When you're partitioning, the installer will keep the partitioning
type that is currently on a disk (GPT or MS-DOS). You can ask it to
write a new blank partition table by hitting <enter> on the raw disk
device. The default choice for the new partition table will depend on
whether you have booted the installer in UEFI (GPT) or legacy BIOS
(MS-DOS) mode. You can override the that choice, but depending on your
setup you *may* need to use expert mode to be asked the question about
which partition type to use.

"We're the technical experts.  We were hired so that management could
 ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs."  -- Mike Andrews