Re: Strange syslog behaviour [Solved]

On 12/4/22 6:38 am, Jeremy Ardley wrote:

And discovered that /etc/logrotate.d/inetutils-syslogd was also being loaded. It had duplicates of many entries in /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog

All I wanted was ping _traceroute_ but I got a world of hurt as well!

*this* seems likely to solve the problems on that machine and still keep traceroute

rm -f /etc/logrotate.d/inetutils-syslogd
systemctl stop inetutils-syslogd.service
systemctl disable inetutils-syslogd.service
systemctl mask inetutils-syslogd.service
systemctl stop inetutils-inetd.service
systemctl disable inetutils-inetd.service
systemctl mask inetutils-inetd.service

--
Jeremy