Re: configure archive.debian.org installation source from NET installer cmdline?

On Sat, Apr 09, 2022 at 05:42:43PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> Roberto C. Sánchez composed on 2022-04-09 17:16 (UTC-0400):
>
> > Have you tried the option to manually enter the mirror information?  In
> > the past I have successfully used this point at archive.debian.org for
> > an installation of an older version of Debian.  You should be able to
> > use the URL http://archive.debian.org/debian/ (IIRC).
>
> Is there a more detailed menu where manual entry is offered? All that's presented is:

Doing a regular installation, just after the base system is installed,
select "yes" to the question "Use a network mirror?"  Go to the top of
the list and select the "enter information manually" option.  Enter the
host name as "archive.debian.org" and the archive mirror directory as
"/debian/" (these will be asked as two separate questions).

I tried it just now in a new installation in a Qemu VM and it worked.
The installer was able to retrieve packages from arcive.debian.org.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez