Re: configure archive.debian.org installation source from NET installer cmdline?

On Sat, Apr 09, 2022 at 05:36:25PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> Andrew M.A. Cater composed on 2022-04-09 21:15 (UTC):
>
> > YOu could try expert mode and select your own mirror.
>
> Only way I can find in expert mode to select a mirror is from the lists from the
> various countries presented, among which archive.debian.org is not listed in USA,
> UK or Germany. Is it squirreled away in some obscure country?
>
> > The other alternative would be to
> > use a CD or DVD to install - so that you don't need to start with a network mirror.
>
> > http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/
>
> I considered installing from full CD, until I gave up looking for such an iso to
> download. Did you look there yourself? Where are the .iso files?
>
> Other distros offer command line options to specify the installation source. Isn't
> there one for Debian?

DVD:
https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/7.11.0/amd64/iso-dvd/

CD:
https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/7.11.0/amd64/iso-cd/

Note that CD image (the system where installers are hosted) has its own
archive sub-directory.  The contents of archive.debian.org are not the
installers themselves, but the actual package archive.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sánchez