Re: Copy/paste between host and KVM/windows 10 guest??

On 08.04.2022 14:23, didier gaumet wrote:
Le vendredi 08 avril 2022 à 13:48 +0500, Alexander V. Makartsev a
écrit :
I've had "virtio-win-guest-tools" installed inside Win10 guest
does it appear in the list of the Windows installed applications list
(Windows parameters menu)?
I just verified: that's the only thing I installed in the Win10 guest
related to guest drivers/utilities. (Bullseye here)
Yes it does.

After some investigations, I've managed to get copy\paste action working.
So, to answer Dennis' question, this is a list of things necessary for it to work:
1. "virtio-win-guest-tools" has to be installed inside Windows guest.
2. VM guest configuration has to have "Channel spice" device (type "spicevmc" with default settings) 3. Required services called "QEMU Guest Agent" and "Spice Agent" has to be in running state inside Windows guest.

Adding user to groups "libvirt" and\or "libvirt-qemu" is not necessary to get copy\paste functions to work. And it is probably more secure not to add user to these groups, especially if it is your PC and you are the only user.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org