Re: Libreoffice: printing "dirties" the file being printed

On 2022-04-08, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

>> Apple: Pages documents include a "last printed" property which gets updated when the doc is printed - which suggests there's no option in that case.
>>
>> Not sure of the accuracy of either report...
>
> … nor of my memory.
>
> I was never a wysiwy(d)g person, but I do remember when many people
> started using Macs back in the '80s. When they selected a printer,
> typically adjustments were made to the document to suit the settings
> in the printer, and then they'd save the document, which AIUI retained
> those settings. To them, that seemed a normal part of the document
> metaphor.

That's exactly the reason, it seems.

 Why does my document get marked as modified when I print it?

 This is because certain information regarding the printer is saved in
 the document data.

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Writer/Printing/Why_does_my_document_get_marked_as_modified_when_I_print_it