Re: Problem downloading "Installation Guide for 64-bit PC (amd64)"

On 04/07/2022 11:59 AM, Linux-Fan wrote:
Richard Owlett writes:

On 04/07/2022 10:22 AM, Cindy Sue Causey wrote:
On 4/7/22, Richard Owlett <rcowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
I need a *HTML* copy of "Installation Guide for 64-bit PC (amd64)" for
*OFFLINE* use.

The HTML links on [https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual]
lead *ONLY* to Page 1.

Is the complete document downloadable as a single HTML file?

Have you seen the "installation-guide-amd64" package in Debian's
repositories?

Thank you.
No, I hadn't. The machine I'm currently on is running Debian 9.13 [I'm prepping to do a install of 11.3 to another machine]. I found it listed in Synaptic and installed it. It does not appear in any of MATE's menus and I can't reboot until later today.

Do you know in which sub-directory I might find it?

Try /usr/share/doc/installation-guide-amd64/en/index.html as the entry point.

An easy way to find out about a package's files after installation is
`dpkg -L <packagename>`, e.g. in this case:

     $ dpkg -L installation-guide-amd64

Btw. the guide in the package is then not a single HTML file but multiple files (in case it matters...)

My hard requirement was that it was accessible while off-line.
That it is in multiple files might make one of day-dream projects feasible.

Thank you.

HTH
Linux-Fan

öö