Re: networking.service fails

On 4/4/22 10:31 am, Jeremy Ardley wrote:

In my case I am delegating ipv6 prefixes that I obtain from my ISP and also advertising them, making radvd redundant. I have kept my ISC dhcp servers as I am doing DDNS with my bind instance. Possibly systemd-networkd.service does DDNS as well but I haven't explored that.

I had a brief look at a wiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/systemd-networkd to see if DDNS is supported.

It seems systemd-networkd also supports dynamic creation and removal of interfaces like NetworkManager does.

I did see the wiki says you have to use systemd-resolved with systemd-networkd which is rubbish. resolved is a pain and better disabled. It's certinaly not necessary for systemd-networkd.

The authoritive source is https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.network.html and there are plenty of tutorials online to assist.

--
Jeremy