Re: libvirt tools and keyfiles

On Sat, 02 Apr 2022 09:53:18 +0200
didier gaumet <didier.gaumet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Disclaimer: I do not use ssh, nor remote virtual machines, so this is
> far from an expert answer :-)

Thanks for the suggestions!

> You could be confronted to several possible problems:
> - root access: you could try using an ordinary user instead

I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying, but I am using an
ordinary user on the client side. The VMs are running on the remote
machine using qemu:///system.

> - "system" problem: virt-manager/virt-viewer propose "system" and
> "session" options and in this case, trying an ordinary user "session"
> instead of a root "system" could be beneficial

Not sure if I understand what you're saying - as above, the VMs are
running on the remote machine using qemu:///system - are you
suggesting that I try reconfiguring them to run as qemu:///session?
According to the documentation:

https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/FAQ#What_is_the_difference_between_qemu:.2F.2F.2Fsystem_and_qemu:.2F.2F.2Fsession.3F_Which_one_should_I_use.3F

> - ssh tunnel or not (virt-manager/virt-viewer have different options
> for that)

I don't understand this point.

> - double authentication: "When using a SSH tunnel to connect to a SPICE
> console, it's recommended to have ssh-agent running to avoid getting
> multiple authentication prompts."

Thanks - this might be the solution. I'll have to look into this
further.

--
Celejar