Re: which references (books, web pages, faqs, videos, ...) would you recommend to someone learning about the Linux boot process as thoroughly as possible?

Hi,

Albretch Mueller wrote:
> imagine you had to code a new bootloader now (as an exercise) in
> hindsight which books would you have picked?

I only know about the small bridges between computer firmware and the
first custom program to be started, which usually is a bootloader.
  https://dev.lovelyhq.com/libburnia/libisofs/raw/branch/master/doc/boot_sectors.txt

If i wanted to expand my knowledge towards x86-related firmware,
bootloaders, and the Linux kernel i would probably begin at
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS
  https://uefi.org/specifications
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/tree/
  https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/x86/
depending on the direction of my expansion. (I wouldn't get far, i guess.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas