Re: fluxbox partial installation

On Sat, Apr 02, 2022 at 02:52:59PM +0200, Nathanael Schweers wrote:
> Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net> writes:
> > Fluxbox gets installed, but no ~/.fluxbox directory shows up.

Did you run it?

> > Another question: can the ~/.fluxbox directory hierarchy simply be
> > copied over from a working system?

> That’s how most window managers are designed to work.  I certainly do
> something similar with i3.

Yeah.  If you've got a customized fluxbox configuration that you'd like
to continue using, then by all means copy it over before the first time
you run fluxbox.

Otherwise, I would guess that fluxbox will create its own default
configuration in your $HOME the first time you run it.  At least,
that's what fvwm does.