Re: fluxbox partial installation

Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net> writes:

> After installing base system (without DE) I install xorg and then
> fluxbox.
>
> Fluxbox gets installed, but no ~/.fluxbox directory shows up.

I haven’t used fluxbox for many years, but I don’t use a DE either.  For
what it’s worth, I use i3, which also does not place a configuration in
$HOME.  I guess it would not be a good idea for a package to place a
file in every $HOME directory which happens to exist at the time the
package is installed.

> Another question: can the ~/.fluxbox directory hierarchy simply be
> copied over from a working system?
That’s how most window managers are designed to work.  I certainly do
something similar with i3.

Regards,
Nathan