Re: Out of memory killer misconfigured?

On 29/03/2022 20:16, Greg Wooledge wrote:
Resource limits are a thing.  man setrlimit (you may have to install
manpages-dev first).

Are they crude as hell?  Absolutely.  But they allow you to set up a
barrier that says "if you use more than x MB of memory, you die".  They
work well enough for some cases.

That's exactly what I need, nothing else! I don't understand why memory
limit like that is not built in to Debian, opening possibility to DoS
every system by allocating too much memory by unprivileged userland
process. Unless this is due to my configuration and everyone else is not
experiencing that?

How do I use it? I've read manual but that would need to written down as
a C++ program or something? ;(

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀