Re: Out of memory killer misconfigured?

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 1:59 PM piorunz <piorunz@gmx.com> wrote:
On 29/03/2022 10:56, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> E.g. we now have PSI as an information source
> https://lwn.net/Articles/759781/
> which can be used with the Facebook oomd or systemd-oomd to
> have userland control over which process to kill.

Thanks, I've read this article. Unfortunately, this is just information
tool which can be used by engineers and developers so design their own
oomd. I am not a developer.

Is there any config file I can edit so just simply ask oomd to kill most
memory hugging process instead of entire system?

Yes. Looks like oomd came from facebook :-)
https://github.com/facebookincubator/oomd/blob/main/docs/configuration.md

That's the kind of tool that gets turned-off in backend servers.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/