Re: ERROR: ld.so: object 'libfakeroot-sysv.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.

On 27.03.2022 18:12, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022, 7:31 AM Reiner Buehl <reiner.buehl@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all!

I am trying to build an amd64 Debian package from sources but the
command dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc fails with a number of the following
error messages:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libfakeroot-sysv.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.

Is it possible that you are already setting the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable for your shell? And that its contents are pointing the loader at the wrong libraries?

The environment has no LD_LIBRARY_PATH set (env | grep LD is empty). /etc/ld.so.conf and the files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d (i386-linux-gnu.conf, libc.conf, x86_64-linux-gnu.conf) are unmodified according to dpkg --verify libc-bin libc6:i386 libc6:amd64

Only other thing I can think of: Were there any newer header-file packages that needed to be installed along with? Again maybe finding an older include file ahead of the newer confused the loader at runtime. HTH.

Do you know how to verify this?