Re: Why is debian Live (11.2.0) advancing the time on my windows laptop +5 hours? ...

Hi,

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> Perhaps, but perhaps it shouldn't /set/ the hardware clock. [...]
> If my analysis is correct (big if, I know :), step (3) would be
> wrong for a live distro: don't touch persistent state!

Ideally, yes.
But man timedatectl already warns of set-local-rtc 1 and offers no
ways to prevent what is described in
  https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/rtc.html
  "if the kernel time is synchronized with an external source,
   the kernel will write the time back to the CMOS clock every
   11 minutes."

man 4 rtc does not offer more than man timedatectl.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas