Re: its been done again. No network

On Wednesday, 23 March 2022 21:10:06 EDT Felix Miata wrote:
> gene heskett composed on 2022-03-23 20:40 (UTC-0400):
>
> > So how do I get rid of it so I can have a net with MY default route
> > and bring it up to date?
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/SystemdNetworkd works for my static IP
> installations, which number several hundred, minus about 5.

Maybe it does, Felix, and While I'm a diehard debian fan, if you want to
use a pi to do something, the "fix" is in the pi versions of the OS where
it belongs, By putting it in the bottom of /etc/dhcpdcp.conf with the
comment immediately above it stating that its for the case of a dhcp
failure, fill in the correct data for a static network. And restart
networking. If you didn't muck it up typing it in, its a one stop fix.

Copy in your local hosts file, hostname, sudo set your domainname, and
your resolv.conf And its totally sensible. Its what to do if there is not
a dhcp server on the local network. But that makes entirely too much
sense, so nobody else does it. :-{>  There is one other thing about the
pi's I like. Uptimes are from power failure to power failure, and I have
a small ups and a 20kw standby in the back yard that delivering power in
about 5 seconds after the lights go out. If I wasn't putzing with it,
uptimes would be a couple years. I can't say that for any wintel box
running debian here.

Take care Felix, and stay well.
> --
> Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
> 	based on faith, not based on science.
>
>  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!
>
> Felix Miata
>
> .

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)