Re: webcamd

On 2022-03-21 21:39, Russell L. Harris wrote:
I am having only limited success configuring the Debian webcamd
package.

I wish to display images from a Logitech web cam pointing out the
window as a weathercam, uploading a new image about once a minute.  I
plan to upload the images to a subdirectory "webcam" of my weather
website, www.example-weather.org/webcam.

I am running Debian 11; but I also have machines running Debian 10 and Debian
9.

I would like first to get things running in Apache on localhost before
uploading to a shared host on hostgator.com.  Ideally, the image would
be on both.

The example webcamd.conf calls for a font named "clean" to write dates
on the pictures, but "fc-list" does not show "clean" installed.  I
have tried to specify "Monospace Regular" but that does not seem to
work.

My latest effort has the index_up.html and index_down.hthl displaying,
but no photo.  I also had the photo displaying without a date.

Is there a webcam application more suitable for this application?

RLH

a solution would be to composite the date over the photo with Graphics Magick, Image Magick.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31