Mtp-tools, wa: "Could not display mtp://XXXXX" error no such interface 'org.gtk.vfs.mount' on object at path /org/gtk/vfs/mount/1"

On 19/03/2022 19:19, Mike Kupfer wrote:
Ottavio Caruso wrote:

Why is it always a pain to mount my Android phone on my Laptop?

Do you have mtp-tools installed? I found that mounting my phone got a
lot more reliable after I installed that package.

best regards,
mike

Hi,

I have just installed mtp-tools.

There's some partial progress here. I can now mount the phone as "File transfer" in, say, 50% of attempts, compared to an almost 99% failure rate before installing mtp-tools.

I can see mtp-tools is a meta-package for:

$ (cd /usr/bin && find mtp*)
mtp-albumart
mtp-albums
mtp-connect
mtp-delfile
mtp-detect
mtp-emptyfolders
mtp-files
mtp-filetree
mtp-folders
mtp-format
mtp-getfile
mtp-getplaylist
mtp-hotplug
mtp-newfolder
mtp-newplaylist
mtp-playlists
mtp-reset
mtp-sendfile
mtp-sendtr
mtp-thumb
mtp-tracks
mtp-trexist

Which one do I need to configure/troubleshoot my issue?

--
Ottavio Caruso