Can't use mc's editor

Greetings all;

The colors used by mc's editor are making the editor impossible to use as
they can't be used by someone with good color vision even, they are all
so alike.

Where can I change mc's default editor to something as clear and easy to
use as geany? Seems to me that used to be a menu choice, but thats not
findable when the menus except for the click on it character are all
solid 100% bright blue and cannot be read by human eyes.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis