Re: update, reboot required?

On Sat, 19 Mar 2022 10:15:27 -0400
Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Cindy,

>admin emails sent to them as a potential remedy. It's on my to-do to
>play around with those emails to see if that catches those upgrade
>messages..

What they include is advisory notices that get thrown up (when using
synaptic, at any rate) that block updating until you've read(1) the
message and cleared the box by clicking the 'Okay' button.  Those emails
don't include the log report of the upgrade.

(1) For certain values of 'read'  I mean, not everyone reads them, never
mind understand them.  They just hit 'Okay' and proceed, then whine when
something breaks because they didn't read such important advice.

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"