Re: Linux Kernel 5.16 from Backports Warnings

On 19/03/2022 04:15, Kevin Exton wrote:
Hi All,

I just installed the latest kernel in the Debian Bullseye backports and
I'm getting these warnings:

W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/skl_guc_62.0.0.bin for
module i915
(...)

Normally the solution to these missing firmware warnings is to install
firmware-misc-nonfree but I guess that hasn't been backported yet?

Most likely that's correct.

Am I going to have to put up with these warnings for a while? Or have I
missed something?

Yep. You can check it yourself. Look where these files supposed to be -
first one off the list:
apt-file search skl_guc_62.0.0.bin

If they are not present in your distribution, then no wonder you don't
have them. They may arrive later at some point to backports to work
together with kernel you just downloaded.

Note: I do have that file (and most likely rest of them also) in Debian
Testing in firmware-misc-nonfree package, as expected.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/