Re: iwd + systemd-networkd + resolvconf wrinkles

On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 14:32:40 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> Regarding the installer: at present it provides an /e/n/i with wpa-*
> lines. Changing wpasupplicant to iwd in d-i would requir some work.
> No matter what the benefits of iwd are, I do not see that happening
> in the near future. wpasupplicant remians as useful as it always has
> been.

Interesting, because I have always used wpasupplicant but since
Bullseye has gone stable, have had this happen quite frequently:

root@wilder:~# ifup wlp2s0
wpa_supplicant: /sbin/wpa_supplicant daemon failed to start
run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wpasupplicant exited with return
code 1 ifup: failed to bring up wlp2s0

So may have to look at iwd?

Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down
	and lifting people up.-- John Holmes

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.