Re: PCIe 3.0 8 port SATA 6 Gbps HBA for SOHO network

On 3/17/22 19:07, Dan Ritter wrote:
David Christensen wrote:
debian-user:

I have a SOHO network with various x86_64 servers/ workstations/ desktops
(FreeBSD, Debian, Windows) and an assortment of phones/ pads/ pods/
televisions/ game consoles, etc..  I would like to add more SATA 6 Gbps
HDD's and/or SSD's to the x86_64 machines and am looking for a suitable PCIe
3.0 8 port SATA 6 Gbps host bus adapter (non-RAID).

The LSI® SAS 9207-8i PCI Express® to 6Gb/s Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)
Host Bus Adapter looks appealing:

We have a bunch of LSI 2008 and 3008 based cards in various
machines. They work exceedingly well. This is a 2308 card; in IT
mode (all separate disks, manage with mdadm or ZFS or whatever),
you will probably be quite happy.

-dsr-

Thank you for the reply.  :-)

STFW I see the LSI 9211-8i:

    https://docs.broadcom.com/doc/12353333

    "Implements one LSI SAS 2008 eight-port 6Gb/s to PCIe 2.0 controller"

I want PCIe 3.0.

STFW I see the LSI 9300-8i:

    https://docs.broadcom.com/doc/12354877

12 Gbps SAS is more than I need, and the price is about four times higher than the LSI 9207-8i.

David