Re: Debian DSA-5095-1 : linux - security update

On 16/03/2022 18:16, Sona Das wrote:
Hi Team,

We are having High level threat in our Debian systems detected by our
vulnerability scanners

        Debian DSA-5095-1 : linux - security update

        Debian DSA-4994-1 : bind9 - security update

We tried to upgrade our Debian systems using the Debian repo but the
affected packages didn’t received the package upgrade which takes care
of the vulnerability. Below packages are affected and are not getting
upgraded:

linux-headers-5.10.0-10-amd64_5.10.84-1

libirs-export161_1:9.11.19+dfsg-2.1

Not sure about bind9, but linux-headers is as follows:
Affected packages you are mentioning should be uninstalled from your
system. Kernel and headers have been replaced twice already, by versions
5.10.0-11 and 5.10.0-12. You should make sure you are running 5.10.0-12
kernel, if not, reboot, then you can uninstall not needed, old kernel
and headers packages. While installed, but not running, these packages
are not causing vulnerability.

To track your latest kernel version (and headers), watch
linux-image-amd64 and linux-headers-amd64 packages. Today, they point
correctly to 5.10.0-12.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀