Times change [was: Claws-mail Address Book Bug?]

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 09:19:52AM +1100, Charlie wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2022 22:04:55 +0000
> Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 08:47:57 +1100
> > Charlie <taoquester@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Charlie,
> >
> > >On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 04:09:23 +0800
> > >Bret Busby <bret@busby.net> wrote:

> > >	Hello Bret,
> > >
> > >	I won't send a return receipt, but will just say this doesn't
> > >	work for me?
> >
> > Because it's wrong.  It *should* be;
> > https://lists.claws-mail.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
> > with a '.' between lists and claws, not a '-'.
> >

> 	Thanks Brad,
>
> 	Discovered that when I looked for the mailing list on the net.
> 	I dare not say googled because there is some controversy about
> 	that.

Hm. About what: looking up on the net, search engines in general or
Google in particular?

> Strange, can only assume things have changed, but when I started using
> Linux, people would say, RTFM or google is your friend. [shrug]
> Everything changes I suppose.

Again: what do you have in mind: sending someone "go RTFM", doing it oneself,
google, friendship?

So many unknown unknowns ;-)

But yes, times do change: my first Linux computer had four megabytes
(no typo!) of RAM and a 30MB disk. X ran on it. Google wasn't even
around back then.

Cheers