Re: evince has died a horrible death. Sob...

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 11:28:05AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> Thats been the most complete pdf viewer I've ever used. But I just tried
> to look at a doc I have looked at hundreds of times over he last years,
> and it got all upset all over itself, while I was logged into that
> machine with an ssh -Y login.

Your post is so full of tacit assumptions and implicit conclusions that
I have no idea where to start helping you :-)

What got upset: the doc, evince, ssh or -Y?

If yes: what are the symptoms?

Is evince really dead? If yes: how do you know?

> What its its feature complete replacement in a buster install? This
> machine is bullseye, the logged into machine is buster.

This assumes that you want to replace evince. For whatever reason.
Explain it to us, and we might have ideas.

Cheers