Re: Simple and secure blogging software for nginx

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 08:19:02AM -0500, songbird wrote:
Christian Britz wrote:
Thank you, I allow my self to reply on the list.
I heard that WordPress is very common, but I fear it might be oversized
for my public diary about moving to a new town, which I plan to write.
And it is very often in the news with security holes... Don't want some
bad person to manipulate my cute tiny Raspi, now that it has finally
moved to pure Debian. ;-)

I want the solution to be in the repository to benefit from
unattended-upgrades.

 i use hugo for my website.  but hugo is not nginx.

Christian is talking about three different projects, each of which is
demanding of time.

Securing and maintaining a web server is a difficult matter.  But when
you can purchase hosting for US$4 per month, is it worth your while?

Maintaining a blogging engine is a wholly different matter.  And most people are
looking for an engine which is requires little or no maintenance
(Blosxom, for example) and is simple and natural to use.  WordPress
began as a blogging engine, but quickly morphed into an all-consuming
religion.
Writing a public diary about moving to a new town is yet another
matter, and should not be constrained by either the blogging engine
or the web server. That task can easily consume all of your time.
You need to decide on your primary goal and focus upon that.

RLH