Re: Trying to work out what non-Debian or non-Buster packages I need to remove

James Allsopp wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to upgrade to Bullseye at the moment, but a bit stuck on which
> non-Debian packages I need to remove;
> root@hawaiian:~# apt-forktracer | sort | awk -F ' ' '{print $1}'
> containerd.io
> docker-ce
> docker-ce-cli
> docker-ce-rootless-extras
> docker-scan-plugin
> elasticsearch
> google-chrome-stable
> kibana
> libnvpair3linux
> libuutil3linux
> libzfs4linux
> libzpool4linux
> logstash
> spl-dkms
> zfs-dkms
> zfsutils-linux
> zfs-zed

> These (libnvpair3linux, libuutil3linux, libzfs4linux, libzpool4linux,
> spl-dkms, zfs-dkms, zfsutils-linux, zfs-zed)  are from Backports, so do
> they need to be removed? I ask as my /var is mounted as ZFS and that might
> get tricky! I can handle removing the docker ones as I'd like to install
> Podman anyway. Is there a proper way I should do this?

Make sure your bullseye source includes contrib. Install
zfs-dkms and zfs-initramfs before you reboot into a new kernel.

Stop all your docker containers, then apt remove the packages.

> Would I be taking a risk keeping elasticsearch, kibana, logstash and chrome
> or should I just remove those too? Should I comment out the entries in
> apt/sources.list.d?

Comment them out, set the daemons to not start, and after the
upgrade, find apt sources warranted to be compatible with
bullseye and reinstall.

-dsr-