Re: Problems with custom install of MATE

On 2022-03-08 14:11 UTC+0100, Richard Owlett wrote:
> 4. I'll be installing SeaMonkey but have forgotten how to have it appear
>     on appropriate Applications sub-menu.

As there is no Debian package for SeaMonkey, you will probably extract
the binaries from seamonkey-project.org somewhere. To make it appear in
the applications menu, you will have to create a .desktop file in
/usr/share/applications.

For reference, this is what my firefox.desktop file looks like:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Firefox
Comment=Web Browser
Exec=/opt/firefox/firefox %u
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=/opt/firefox/browser/chrome/icons/default/default128.png
Categories=Network;WebBrowser;
MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;application/xml;application/vnd.mozilla.xul+xml;application/rss+xml;application/rdf+xml;image/gif;image/jpeg;image/png;x-scheme-handler/http;x-scheme-handler/https;
StartupNotify=true
Actions=Private;

[Desktop Action Private]
Exec=/opt/firefox/firefox --private-window %u
Name=Open in private mode

You should create a similar seamonkey.desktop file.

HTH,
Christian

--
http://www.cb-fraggle.de