Re: XFCE: ALT-F1 shows the wrong menu on Debian 11

This is the following issue:

https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/-/issues/201

On 3/4/22 00:39, José Luis González wrote:
On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 17:30:38 +0500
"Alexander V. Makartsev" <avbetev@gmail.com> wrote:

On 28.02.2022 02:32, José Luis González wrote:
Hi,

Hi Alexander,

Upon upgrading to Debian 11, the ALT+F1 key, which is assigned as a
shortcut to xfce4-popup-applicationsmenu, according to XFCE's settings,
no longer shows the applications menu and instead the app menu button
on my panel appears pressed without the menu unfolded. A second key
press shows the CTRL-ESC (xfdesktop --menu) menu, not the app menu.

What's going on? I'm suffering from the same in both machines I have
with Debian 11.
It looks like "xfce4-popup-applicationsmenu" is a simple wrapper Bash
script.
All it does is trying to execute "xfce4-panel" with a long line of
parameters and if that fails, fallback to execute "xfdesktop --menu"
instead.
Man page for "xfce4-panel" doesn't explain anything about
"--plugin-event" parameter, so it looks like it was reworked somehow.
The problem is that "xfce4-panel" never fails to execute with that
undocumented parameter, so fallback option doesn't work.
You can file a bug report about this, or change a command, assigned to
'Alt+F1' key combination, to
      "/usr/bin/xfce4-panel --plugin-event=applicationsmenu:popup"

The replacement command you propose doesn't work any better for me. I'm
going to file a bug report.

Best,
José Luis