Re: What should I put inside the file called wlan0?

On Tue, 1 Mar 2022, Stella Ashburne wrote:

Dearie

Thanks for your clarification.

Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2022 at 8:16 PM
From: "Tim Woodall" <debianuser@woodall.me.uk>
To: "Stella Ashburne" <rewefie@gmx.com>
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: What should I put inside the file called wlan0?

On Mon, 28 Feb 2022, Stella Ashburne wrote:

Dearie,

Thanks for your reply.

Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2022 at 3:10 AM
From: tomas@tuxteam.de
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Are you saying that I can cut out the above contents and paste them into a file called wlp7s0 (whose path is /etc/network/interfaces.d/)?

Yes, but you need to have this in /e/n/i

Did you mean /etc/network/interfaces AND /etc/network/interfaces.d/wlp3s0 each must have the following contents:

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug wlp3s0
iface wlp3s0 inet static
      wpa-ssid JupiterRising
      wpa-psk {a long string of alphanumeric characters}
      address 192.168.1.99/24
      gateway 192.168.1.1
      # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
      dns-nameservers 1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8

source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d

What did you mean by source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d ? I am a bit confused.

Best regards.

Stella

My /etc/network/interfaces has:
# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
# Include files from /etc/network/interfaces.d:
source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d

and then in /etc/network/interfaces.d I have a separate file for each
interface I want to configure.