Re: What should I put inside the file called wlan0?

On Mon, 28 Feb 2022, Stella Ashburne wrote:

Dearie,

Thanks for your reply.

Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2022 at 3:10 AM
From: tomas@tuxteam.de
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: What should I put inside the file called wlan0?

So if you have this in your /etc/network/interfaces somewhere:

  ## Bahn ICE
  iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    wireless-essid WIFIonICE
    wireless-mode Auto

(it's actually my current setting, BTW :) you could swap that
out to some file under interfaces.d.

The contents of my current /etc/network/interfaces file are:

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug wlp3s0
iface wlp7s0 inet static
       wpa-ssid JupiterRising
       wpa-psk {a long string of alphanumeric characters}
       address 192.168.1.99/24
       gateway 192.168.1.1
       # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
       dns-nameservers 1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8

Are you saying that I can cut out the above contents and paste them into a file called wlp7s0 (whose path is /etc/network/interfaces.d/)?

Yes, but you need to have this in /e/n/i

source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d