Re: My printer doesn't work for bullseye's cups

On Wed 23 Feb 2022 at 18:44:37 -0500, gene heskett wrote:

[...[

> With all the crash and burn sessions I've had with bullseye, I'd have to
> go get the drivers anew from Brother if cups-everywhere can't do it.

It is possible it may yet come to that.

> Is that what I have to do for this printer? FWIW No Brother printers show
> up at all in the ppd selection menu.
>
> Might be related:
> sane-find-scanner, run as root, finds the scanner in this MFC at:
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04f9 [Brother], product=0x02f5 [MFC-J6920DW])
> at libusb:003:005
>
> but xsane can't find it. So both the printer and the scanner are on the
> injured list.

Let's put scanning on one side for the time being.

1. Read the Release Notes for Debian 11.

2. Disconnect fro USB. It complicates matters.

3. Give
   avahi-browse -rt _ipp._tcp
   avahi-browse -rt _uscan._tcp
   driverless

4. avahi-browse is in the avahi-utils package.

--
Brian.