Re: Trying to deug initramfs boot delay

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 09:19:14AM -0700, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 09:45:34 +0000
> "Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com> wrote:
>
> > I think Charles Curley is also installing on one, too.
>
> I am installing on an Ideapad, a "Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13". I have not
> seen anything like what the OP, Michael Lange <klappnase@freenet.de>,
> describes. Indeed, my beastie boots very quickly.
>

> > I used the unofficial .iso including non-free firmware.
>
> As did I. According to /etc/apt/sources.list, "Debian GNU/Linux 11.2.0
> _Bullseye_ - Unofficial amd64 NETINST with firmware 20211218-11:12"
>
> Note that I went full Amd64. I wonder if the OP might be better off
> with that.

The Ideapad 100S is one of the Bay Lake Intels with 32 bit UEFI and 64
bit processor - hence the suggestion for multi-arch.

These and similar were deliberately released on cut down hardware to fill
a market niche - I think Windows 7 S - one application at a time, essentially,
and were designed down to a price point in terms of limited memory.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater