Re: Definitive instructions for Buster LTS security updates

On Tue, 2022-02-22 at 06:00 -0700, Keith Christian wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 7:33 AM Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> wrote:
> > I assume because Buster isn't in Long Term Support yet, it's still in
> > normal support by the security team. From the schedule on the wiki,
> > it's due to go into LTS this July.
>
> Thanks Tixy,
>
> I remembered that I made a copy of the original sources.list file on
> the day of install.
> Here it is, I wonder why the security line failed to verify (Line 11) ?
> The entire sources.list appears below.
>
> # Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
> #deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main
>
> It seems this line should be uncommented?
>
> #deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main

I just tried that URL and did an 'apt update' and it seemed to work,
there were no errors and seemed to be download a new package list.
Interesting that the one I had doesn't have the 'debian-security' bit.

Also, the online examples of sources.list for Buster have the URL
'http://deb.debian.org/debian-security', I beleive that uses the CDN.

So, for me, all three of these seem work...

deb http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main
deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main

--