Re: about 10th new install of bullseye

On Fri 18 Feb 2022 at 20:46:03 (-0800), Gene Heskett wrote:
> Since last post, I found the install logs, and BRLTTY is listed in the hardware file, as if its a mobo feature. And reading the DIY Guid from Asus, there is a tools menu where some stiff that is not list, can be controlled so the next time it forces me to reboot I will check that menu. There is not any mention of brltty in the whole 100+ pages of the book.  But its listed like this in the hardware-resources file:
> /proc/bus/input/devices: I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
> /proc/bus/input/devices: N: Name="BRLTTY 6.3 Linux Screen Driver Keyboard"
> /proc/bus/input/devices: P: Phys=pid-221/brltty/11
> /proc/bus/input/devices: S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input14
> /proc/bus/input/devices: U: Uniq=
> /proc/bus/input/devices: H: Handlers=sysrq kbd event9
> /proc/bus/input/devices: B: PROP=0
> /proc/bus/input/devices: B: EV=100003
> /proc/bus/input/devices: B: KEY=402000007 ffc03078f800d2a9 f2beffdfffefffff fffffffffffffffe
>
> Does that look like its part of the mobo, and might be disable-able in the bios->tools menu, which is otherwise ignored in the users DIY manual???  In which case it might solve my problem, but would involve yet another install just to get the installer to get rid of it. IDK.

I have no idea. You might try running hwinfo repeatedly with different
plugs pulled out. I don't have access to your USB tree to see what's
there, but I assume something is describing itself as a BRLTTY.

I don't see anything here that has P: Phys=pid-221. I do know
that PID Controllers are used to run motors, which might help.
You run motors, and I've read that some braille machines use
motors to drive the bumps, so that might be a source of
confusion when probing the hardware. I guess that's something
you tackle with modules.alias, or udev rules, or whatever,
depending on how your system configures its devices.

Cheers,
David.