Re: You know what? Not only Debian but Fedora 35 has libthai too....and more

Hi Andy

> Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 2:22 AM
> From: "Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: You know what? Not only Debian but Fedora 35 has libthai too....and more
>
> Very grateful to Simon McVitie (smcv) for pointing me to the original bug
> number in IRC. The issue is as transparent as that, more or less.

Thanks for the background story.

> If you worry about systemd, you're going to worry far more about SELinux ...
> [Hint: Both are optional components of a Linux system.]

I don't worry about systemd at all.

Correct me if I am wrong: systemd is the default (not optional) in Fedora 35.

> > Introducing Khmer fonts, Thai fonts and libthai could be another way for the three-letter-agencies' spooks to spy on the Linux community. What do you think?
> >

> Or it could be a way to provide language support for a region of SE Asia with
> several million people?

To be fair, why did the maintainers of libthai not provide support for Burmese, Laotian and Cambodian (Khmer) languages? I was told that the layout and rendering of Laotian and Cambodian languages are more complicated than Thai.

Best regards.

Stella