Re: Sid : reboot looses boot partition and goes directly to bios

Sébastien Kalt wrote:
> If I stop the computer (shutdown -h now or with KDE menu) it boots
> normally to grub when powered on.
>
> I don't really know when it starts, I rarely reboot my system, last time
> might be last november.
>
> I don't really know where to look to find what might goes wrong during
> reboot.
>
> Does anyone experienced this problem ?
>
> Any clue as where to look to find what is dysfunctionning ?

  for me there is a difference between how i shut down as to
what gets saved and how the desktop will come up next time i
boot.

  so my guess is that it will be the setting you have in the
desktop someplace (i'm not familiar with KDE any longer).

  if i shutdown from the command line MATE will not save the
layout of my windows (and that is fine with me), but i also
know that if i want my layout saved then i have to use the
MATE desktop menu shutdown or reboot commands to do it and
then it will save everything.  i also have a backup copy of
the layout in case something happens to reset things (i've
had that happen at times) so i can restore it.

  songbird