Throw an hard drive with Debian installation into...

I am curious, what would happen if I threw a fully functionally,

Linux installation (HDD) into an entirely different hardware configuration:

Different Process AMD->Intel?

Ram/mobo I assume doesn't matter?

I half expect it to boot up, and be fully functional.

But, I have not tested it.

I am not mailing the list this question, as a theoretically. I would actually

like to upgrade my hardware, as the gains would be Ok (32GB Ram >16GB),

but would not be drastic, so I wouldn't bother if I had to re-setup all the

software again.