Re: Wrong libvirt version in bullseye installation

On 8/02/22 11:34, Gary L. Roach wrote:
I have been trying to get a cleen copy of qemu/kvm installed but when I try to install qemu-system I get:

    libvirt-clients : Depends: libvirt0 (= 7.0.0-3) but 8.0.0-1~bpo11+1 is to be installed.

 The same for libvirt-daemon and some others. Version 7.0.0.3 is listed as the version used in Bullseye. The 8.0.0-1 version is used in the testing version. I have gone through my sources.list files and can not find the reason libvirt is trying to be loaded from the testing depository. Could anyone help? I have tried clearing the /var/cache files. That didn't help.

The bpo bit in the version suggests that it's coming from the backports repo (bullseye-backports), not testing as such. I assume you have the backports repo configured. Why you're getting that particular backport if you haven't installed it manually, I'm not sure - perhaps you installed or are installing something else that depends on it? If backports is what you want, it appears libvirt-clients is available from there as well, so you can install a matching version.

Cheers,
Richard