Re: interface/network scripting - how to?

On 2/4/2022 7:14 PM, Kamil Jońca wrote:

Current situation:
debian laptop with interfaces defined in /etc/network/interfaces
+ resolvconf package and bunch of scripts wchich configures network
(routes and name resolving) according to interfaces/vpn up down.
For example
1.  I am connected to  home1 network (connected by wifi, no default
     routing ), this network sets routing to some subnets with dhcp option
     121 (and dhclient scripts handles this)
2. I am connected via etch to router with default gateway
3. I am connected to work1 network via openvpn tunnel.
4. I am connected to work2 network via ipsec gateway.

I want to (and with my current config this is done)
that:
1. proper routes are established (especially these with option 121)
2. name resolving is properly configured:
   ie. home1.tld DNS queries are passed to home1 network
       work1.tld DNS queries are passed to work1 network (via openvpn tunnel)
       work2.tld DNS queries are passed to work2 network (via ipsec tunnel)
I am quite happy with my current config but sometimes I can read that
/etc/network/interfaces is "deprecated" in favor of systemd-networkd or
netplan.
So I have two questions:
1. Should I prepare migration?

I would not put that on the front burner but experimenting with Systemd
might not be a bad idea.

2. How these things can be achieved with systemd-networkd? I read the
manuals, but I was not able to find working examples and I am not sure
where can I start.

The Systemd mailing lists!

--
John Doe