Re: Android apps on Debian

On 2022-01-29 17:38, John Hasler wrote:
Bijan writes:
I don't know if they modify the apks they host but as far as I know
the original apk (from the play store) will be signed by the app
publisher/writer. So if they haven't removed that you can just verify
the signature is from the publisher, etc.

Apkpure says that apps downloaded from their site only work with their
app.  That's right out so I'll have to figure out something else.  At
least I now know how to run the thing under Debian if I can get a copy.
There may also be a way to get by without it.

Thanks.

First their xapk file contains the original app apk (as well the original sub apks required by that apk).

Second you can install without any app:
https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-install-Xapk-files-on-an-Android

"
    Method 2: Download .XAPK file using File Manager:

        Download the .XAPK file on your Android device.
Open file manager and discover the .XAPK file. Rename the extension to .zip format.
        Extract the .zip file.
Now, find the .obb file (usually named as “com.xxxxx.obb”) within the file and copy it into the location: /sdcard/storage/emulated/0/Android/obb/. Lastly, install the .apk file. Within a few minutes, you would be able to run the file successfully
"

Bijan