Re: USB UEFI recovery stick

On 1/24/22 2:55 AM, deloptes wrote:
Thank you for the response

YW.  :-)

Ah 2011 seems right to match the one that refer to here.
I can boot from the CD/DVD into UEFI, but it seems I can not do the same
from the USB.
The USB which is UEFI can boot the newer notebook (has secure mode)

The question is if it is not limited by the board. If I disable Legacy USB I
can not use the keyboard/mouse and I have to reset the bios.

But even in Legacy mode I see in boot options UEFI USB disk, however it does
not boot, but same stick boots on the more recent notebook.

Does someone knows more about it. What and where to check? I would not spend
time if it is the boards BIOS. I'll just keep a copy of the DVD/CD as
rescue

thanks

I have found that testing is the only way to determine if a given FOSS image/ device/ media boots, installs, or works in a given computer; and to what degree.

David