Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?

On 2022-01-23 05:31, deloptes wrote:
> tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
>> This is not helpful. If you value logic as much as you talk about (cf.
>> your other post), you wouldn't need this narrative of Some Dark
>> Conspiracy Taking Over The World (TM).
>>

> No conspiracy - it is a fact.
>
>> Stick to the things as they are. Accept that there are other people, who
>> think differently and refrain from characterising everyone you disagree
>> with as ****.
>>

> Same applies in the opposite direction
>
>> The people who disagree with you are not a cabal. They just... disagree
>> with you. Convince them otherwise, using logic.
>>

> Same applies in the opposite direction
>
>> This is the price we all have to pay to take part in a social endeavour,
>> as a free software distribution is.
>
> Interestingly there was no such price 15y ago. How comes?

What did this email add to any useful debate ?...
Did we learn something new ? No
Did we get some useful suggestion ? No

I feel like someone is very frustrated and can't seem to self moderate
himself.

This is probably the part of opensource community that is the most time
consuming and more destructive for all projects, what make serious
people look at us like if we are just a bunch of kids.

What's the goal of sending a email when you repeat twice, same to you.
Talk about facts but never give any (fact = substance, not opinions).

Yes, time have changed since the last 15 years and it has also changed
since the time we used 2400 baud modem, used terminal connected to S/390
and the reign of the PDP-11. Have we adapted our software, I think so.
Why can't we adapt as human ? Some do, other seem to be into doing
retro-computing with their own brain.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside