Can't switch to different wifi network after switching users

Hello,

I'm running Debian 11 with KDE and I can't switch to a different
network if I switch to a different user. The first noticeable problem
is that every single listed network appears with the "Disconnect"
button, as if all of them are simultaneously connected (which they're
obviously not). If I then try to switch to any network from the applet
I get this:

"Private connection already active on the device: uid 1000 has no
permission to perform this operation"

I even tried to restart the NetworkManager service, but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Luiz Romário Santana Rios